Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's a Wonderful World


Do you ever have those days when you are in love with your life? I think it takes a few sunny San Fransisco weekends, some laughs with friends, and the realization that the world is once again your oyster.

Last weekend some friends and I went to see a music festival in Golden Gate Park....I am not sure if it was the mellow tunes of Wilco, Jack Johnson, or Tom Petty that swayed my heart....or perhaps it was the wine tasting stand that only a music fest in California would have.....or maybe it was even the morning bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge that convinced me.....I am so blessed to have this life.

I still fall off my bike with the clip in and clip out fiascos. (scrapes on my knees as evidence) Navigating the dating scene in this city remains next to impossible (scrapes on my heart as proof). My housecleaner still shakes her head in dismay at my perpetual disorganization. (my desk has never been more unmanageable). My body quakes at every 5.30 am wake-up call to either jump on a conference call or trek off to the gym for training (how I work 15 hours and still run 7 miles is an enigma). But somehow through all these trials great music, wine, and friends make it completely worthwhile.

It's a Type A city here and for once I have a motley self chosen family that understands the world is meant to be sucked dry of everything it offers.

No comments: